The upcoming season is one of the world’s most festive, but you would be wrong, and doing your wardrobe a disservice, if you thought your choice of tops is limited to greens and reds. Don’t get caught wearing an ugly sweater and sharpen your look for that dapper, end-of-year vibe that will get heads turning.
T’is the season to Tuxedo
Leading the list is the godfather of all attires. As luxurious as they may be, like suits, not all tuxedo styles work for every body type. Generally, men’s tuxedos come in four different styles: traditional fit, modern fit, slim fit, and ultra-slim fit. However, regardless of your preferred tuxedo fit style, you want to follow some basic rules regarding your actual fit:
- Shoulders: The shoulder of your suit jacket should hug the natural form of your shoulders with no overhang.
- Chest: When your suit jacket is buttoned up, you should be able to easily insert your hand into the suit jacket and there should not be any extra material.
- Jacket length: The golden rule of sleeve length applies — your jacket’s hem should only cover the pockets of your tuxedo pants.
- Sleeve length: Your jacket’s sleeve hem should finish where your thumb bone meets your wrist, leaving half an inch of your shirt visible.
- Waist: To avoid a boxy look, your suit jacket should nip in slightly at the waist.
- Pants break: Your tuxedo pants should have only one break at the hem of the trouser. For a more modern look, you can have your pants taken up so the hem just touches the top of your shoe, with no visible break in the fabric.
If tuxes are too formal for your liking or you are afraid of overdressing for the occasion, a versatile blazer is your go-to item that will cater to any event, no matter how formal or casual. Afterall, bespoke jackets offer comfort, versatility, and durability as well as come in handy for gentlemen with distinct style standards.
However, though it can spruce things up a notch, you should make sure to have the right fabric and colours to complement your debonair lifestyle. Your compelling character can be boldly expressed by opting for the right hues of your jacket, and don’t shy away from patterns; a hint of design on the fabric you prefer plays a role in complimenting your silhouette
Embrace your individuality with a suit jacket that will return the favour many folds over.
12 days of chinos and festive shirts
Chinos are a timeless wardrobe essential that are as practical as they are stylish. Our bespoke chinos are made from 97% cotton/3% elastane blend sourced from the finest mills in Italy, such as Emeregildo Zegna and Scabal, which include added cashmere, and are available in over 70 colours.
The best way to complement your attire and let your selected colours and fabrics stand out is with a custom-tailored shirt for your body type with the guidance of our professional tailors to deliver your fine taste in timeless style. Sourced from the finest, most divine Italian and English fabrics in Dubai that will embellish your look with absolute panache.
All I want for this season is accessories. Lots of them
Capping off our holiday round-up are the items that are designed to add flair to your look no matter the outfit. From classic shoes that effortlessly add the finishing touch to your entire look or Black Oxford shoes, the most famous of the English designs and a gentleman’s wardrobe staple when it comes to enhancing your look, to suspenders and lapels that add an extra dash of dandiness to help reflect a stylish personality, and pocket squares and cufflinks, both of which are must-have in every stylish man’s wardrobe, there is never shortage of ways for you to look extra stunning this holiday season.